Atlético Madrid have ruled out selling Argentine striker Julián Álvarez during the current transfer window despite strong interest from Barcelona.
Atlético coach Diego Simeone said the club is determined to keep the 26-year-old forward, who has also attracted interest from Arsenal and Real Madrid.
“We don’t want to transfer him,” Atlético chief executive Miguel Ángel Gil Marín said. “We did not accept the €100 million offer, and we will not accept €150 million or €200 million.”
Atlético previously filed a complaint with FIFA over allegations that Barcelona had approached Álvarez without the club’s permission.
Simeone said the club remains delighted with Álvarez and wants to help him continue improving.
“We are very happy to have a footballer like Julián,” Simeone said. “We will help him continue to grow, improve and give his best, as he has done over the last two years.”
Álvarez joined Atlético from Manchester City two years ago and has scored 49 goals for the Spanish club.
The striker had suggested during the 2026 World Cup that a transfer could be beneficial for everyone, although he did not reveal his preferred destination.
Simeone also referred to Antoine Griezmann’s previous transfer to Barcelona, saying Álvarez could similarly regain the support of Atlético fans by focusing on his performances on the pitch.
Atlético will begin their La Liga campaign on August 19 with a home match against newly promoted Málaga.

0 $type={blogger}:
Post a Comment